CWU’s Legal Services Department offers a FREE will-writing service for members and their partners. You can take advantage of this service by telephoning us on 0208 971 7444 or via email email@example.com
We will send a free will pack to the member explaining all they need to know and it includes a questionnaire for them to complete and send to our Panel Solicitors. Our Solicitors will then draft a standard will for the member (and partner if they wish) based on the information contained in the questionnaire. It may be that the member requires something more complex than a standard will. For example, they may need inheritance tax advice or perhaps they own a property abroad. If that is so, then our Solicitors will contact them to discuss their needs. Non-standard wills may incur a charge although this would be agreed with the member in advance with the solicitor and will be at a discounted rate obtained by the CWU.
Welcome to UIA Insurance. Competitive rates for Home, Travel, Car and Pet Insurance. UIA Insurance provide great value, low cost insurance for CWU members, retired members and their families.
As a mutual company with no shareholders to pay, we can offer great value home, travel, car and pet insurance. For more than 100 years our principles and commitment to our customers have enabled us to provide excellent cover and service at reasonable prices.
Members of trade unions and their families could benefit from great value, high quality home, travel, car and pet insurance cover. UIA Insurance offer low cost policies to suit your needs, such as 5% off combined contents and buildings insurance.
CWU Motor Claims is totally FREE to CWU members! Designed to give you benefits and services that you just won’t get through your motor insurance.
CWU Motor Claims is multi-vehicle accident cover that adds extra benefits on top of your main motor insurance, saves you a lot of hassle, and gives you and your family better services after an accident than you’ll get from your insurer. Every year 14% of drivers are involved in an accident, and we all know the problems that lead on from this in terms of both cost and time. Membership changes everything for the better for you:
- You’ll no longer have to pay any excess on your insurance after a non-fault accident – how much is your excess and so how much will this benefit alone actually save you?
- Losing your No Claims Discount costs an average of £200, and protecting it costs you money as well. With us, there’s no claim on your insurance policy, so you’re saving yet again!
- Let’s say you drive a Range Rover and someone crashes into the back of it: what would you really like to drive while yours is repaired: another Range Rover gleaming as new, or some little old hatchback courtesy car? When you’re our member, you’ll get the nice car you really want every time.
- It’s a multi-vehicle cover package: covers every vehicle in your family regardless of type, age and value.
- It’s a full-family cover package – that includes you, your partner and all your children regardless of age.
- Legal support is also included – so whether you ever have an accident or not, just being a member actively saves you an average of £30 a year thanks to the extra legal cover you no longer need to buy from your insurer.
So that’s all your cars plus everyone in your family covered for recovery, repair, replacement, legal support and private healthcare – plus some nice member discounts for you as well – for FREE as a CWU member?! As we like to say and we hope you agree: “you’d be crazy not to!”
Union Energy, owned by the TUC, has been relaunched as an energy price comparison service to help you and your family and friends find the cheapest energy supplier in your area.
Not only could you make instant savings by using this free service, but if you register for Union Energy’s Ongoing Monitoring Programme, you will benefit from cheaper energy prices for the long term. Ongoing Monitoring allows you to set your own savings parameters, for example £50, £75 or £100 per year, and as soon as prices in the industry change, and you can save the amount you have specified, Union Energy will re-contact you to let you know.
Unlike most other energy price comparison sites, Union Energy offers a 100% impartial service and includes tariffs for every energy company active in the UK market for maximum choice. Customers therefore have all options available to them, be it standard gas and electricity paid by direct debit, single fuels, green energy, capped rate products, etc. supplied by smaller niche energy companies as well as ‘the big six’.
Union Energy’s service is completely free and average savings to date are £154 per annum, with some customers saving as much as £585 per year*! Please visit www.unionenergy.co.uk or call 0800 094 9039 (Monday to Thursday 9am – 6pm, Friday 9am – 4pm Saturday 9am – 1pm) and in a couple of minutes you will find out how much you could save.