A revised offer has been received from Royal Mail Fleet which the Postal Executive is recommending for acceptance in an individual member ballot of RM Motor Transport Grade members. A video explaining the offer in full can be viewed here.
The offer incorporates the 2% April 2019 pay award and a cash equivalent value of the two 1 hour reductions in working time linked to the 2018 and 2019 pay reviews in the Four Pillars Agreement.
- Increase of 14% in basic pay for all MT grades from 1st April 2019, which becomes pensionable from 2020
- 14% increase in London Weighting and Scottish Distant Islands Allowance from 1st April 2019
- 7.6% increase in standard shift allowance from implementation of workshop revisions based on the agreement. Reserved rights shift payments remain at current rate
- Current overtime rate at grade maximum converted to a cash rate and increased by 2.7% Monday to Friday rate applied across six days Monday to Saturday. From date of implementation of workshop revisions
- Senior Technician allowance retained at current rate
- Cessation of Business Transformation addition to basic pay from implementation of workshop revision
- Cessation of RRIS payment from implementation of workshop revision – payment of lump sum equivalent to value of RRIS from implementation of revision to end March 2020
Standardisation and Flexibility
- Saturday working within conditioned hours, based on 4 attendances across 6 days
- Core workshop opening times of 8 – 6 Monday to Friday and 8 – 4 Saturday. Opening hours not limited to core times – workshops may open earlier and may remain open later compatible with customer service requirements
- Revisions to be implemented aligned to core times by 1st July 2019
- Maximum 1 hour flexibility per day – time to be taken back as soon as possible – maximum of 4 hours accrual
- Privilege days incorporated into annual leave entitlement. Increase in annual leave entitlement to 30 days after 20 years’ service for apprentices, technicians and fleet assistants. Current shift supervisors will retain personal rights to a maximum 6 weeks 2.5 days leave entitlement
Career Path and Upskilling
Work to design and agree new frontline role structure to be completed by 31st May
- Introduction of Service Reception Engineer role aligned to shift supervisor pay
- Introduction of lead technician (diagnostic) aligned to single pay point of £32,890
- New Storeperson grade and pay rate to be agreed
A series of meetings is being scheduled to present the deal to members prior to the ballot, details of which will be provided to branches when finalised. It is anticipated that the ballot will open in the last week of February.